CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

NEW NEIGHBORS

Living in Alaska we sometimes get some new neighbors that decide to move into our yard temporarily. These two were here pretty much all day Thursday and Friday - which made taking the dog outside a very interesting task. But they did some free pruning while they were here, so I guess it's okay. :)

Here's momma moose right outside our kitchen window.

And here's baby moose. I was actually only about 5 feet away from him inside the truck - I literally could almost "pet" him. I actually got stuck in the driveway for about 10 minutes because I was afraid if I moved I would tick off the mom because I was so close to her baby.

(On a sad note we think baby moose got hit by a car Friday night after they left our house.
:( We're not sure if he was okay or not - moose tend to be the ones that walk away from the accidents rather than the cars and their drivers.)

And we've also had a couple of these running around. Just in time for Easter! Pretty cute. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh Oh- catch one of those bunnies and send it Chantel's way- she'll love it (well, not as much as mine, but you gotta start somewhere).