CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

GETTING OUT

Justin and I have hit our wall of feeling cooped up. I think I have literally driven him bonkers the past couple of weeks being inside all the time. Luckily I got out of the house one night, but he's overdue on a "boy" day. We're both so ready for spring - but hey were in Alaska so it just keeps snowing and snowing. :( I can't wait until it's warm enough to take Brianna outside and play. At this point even I am looking forward to camping and fishing this summer. Ha, ha, ha!!!

On Thursday some girls from church invited me to go with them to the movies. Justin was a great hubby and volunteered to take care of Brianna for the night. (He actually later admitted that he had a lot of fun with her. :)) We ended up seeing Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was an okay movie, not really my type of thing - it was funny but something that I'd much rather waited to rent. But it was so fun to get out with the girls - I so needed it. The only bad part of the night was when I went to take one of the girls home I got stuck in her driveway. It was snowed like crazy the whole entire day, and we probably shouldn't have even gone anywhere, but we all wanted to get out of the house. So I pull into her driveway, which is absurdly narrow and slipped off to the side and got stuck. Her husband had to come out and help us get out, so I pretty much felt like a dork. I was telling Justin about it when I got home and he's like, why didn't you just put it in 4 wheel drive low? And I told him that I had tried and it just kept beeping at me and I was afraid that I was going to break something. He gives me the "duh" look and says, Yea - it beeps to tell you that it's in 4 low. And then, well I felt like even a bigger dork.

Brianna has been going a mile a minute. She's everywhere and anywhere you can think of. She absolutely loves her dog Daizy and is always crawling all over her. Daizy loves it for the most part, except when Bri tries to sit on her head. They are so funny together - Daizy will lay down on her side and then Bri will scooch up and lay on her tummy and she'll just talk and talk. Too cute! She also had found the kitchen cupboards and loves to go through the pots and pans. This weekend she decided to help her daddy cook breakfast by getting every pan out for him. :)










Saturday we went to the Ice Dog hockey game with some friends. Brianna did really good, she had such a fun time watching everything. And she LOVED all the music they played - she was dancing like crazy. The only bad thing was that half way through the game both Bri and our friends little boy were so tired because it was way past their bed times. They both fell asleep for a little bit, but then they scored a goal and they both got woken up. The game was tied and went into double overtime, so we just ended up leaving before the end of the game cause the kiddos had had enough.

I obviously am really bad at taking pictures that you can tell where we are at. These ARE from Bri's first hockey game, even though you can't really tell.













After all the action from the hockey game she was so tired the next day. She woke up, ate, and then fell right back to sleep. She looked pretty pooped.









3 comments:

Dustin & Kristy said...

I love the last pics she is like "I'm so exhausted" I am getting spring fever bad too. I have even wished I was playing softball and that is sad!!!
Love ya

Melissa said...

I love that picture with her hand on her head, she is just so adorable!!!

The DeVito's said...

I love that picture of her asleep! Bella just discovered our pan and tupperware cupboards. She has LOTS of fun in them!